Pine Needles at Gardner Village
1100 W 7800 S #3
West Jordan UT 84088
801-233-0551

contactus@pineneedlesonline.com

Monday, May 14, 2012

MAKE IT MONDAY!

My good friend Leslie asked me to embellish some plain t-shirts she purchased for her daughter.  One of which was a simple white tank top.  I knew I wanted to add ruffles, but really didn't want to make traditional ruffles.  I came up with the idea of using eyelet trim.  Now I haven't seen eyelet trim used this way before, but I am sure in the creative world out there someone else has :)  So sorry if this isn't a fresh idea for you, but I think you will still be pleased with the end result!


 To begin you will need a simple white tank top and 1.25 to 1.5 yards of eyelet trim.  The size of this tank top is medium (8-10), and I cut my eyelet trim strips into five 7" pieces.  If you are embellishing a shirt that is smaller or larger, you may want to adjust the length of your strips.





The next step is laying out the strips to make sure placement of the strips is correct. The first strip of eyelet trim needs to be directly below the neckline.  As you lay out each of the other eyelet strips, you will want to make sure the top edge of the eyelet trim lays underneath the scalloped edge of the eyelet strip above.



Once you have decided your placement, pin the lowest eyelet strip in place.  Take it to your sewing machine and sew in place. 



Once you have sewn the lowest strip in place, take your shirt back over to your table and lay it flat. Pin the next strip in place.  Then go back to your sewing machine and sew this strip in place.


Repeat this step for the remaining strips.


Once all five strips are sewn in place your embellished tank top is complete!



Just look how cute the little girl in your life will be while wearing her DARLING embellished tank:)

I hope you enjoyed this weeks MAKE IT MONDAY!!

2 comments:

karie said...

I bought some white shirts on clearance and have been wondering what to do with them. Now I know!

Cathie Lang said...

This is such a great idea! My daughter will love this!