Pine Needles at Gardner Village
1100 W 7800 S #3
West Jordan UT 84088
801-233-0551

contactus@pineneedlesonline.com

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Try at Paper Piecing

I have taken a few mini classes on the basics of paper piecing, but I have never really completed a project using the technique.  Until now....























Using the pattern Pumpkin Patch Quilt & Pillow, by Kimberbell Designs, I made a pillow with these fun bright orange and black fabrics, with just a hint of green.  When I saw the black fabric I used on the outer border,  I knew it wanted to be a part of this pillow.  And I love how it turned out!  It makes me want to scream, "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!"

 








So not bad for a first try at paper piecing, don't you think?  We have the patterns and kits for this project in the store now :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it Holly!!!